NewBlueFX Site and Product Line Relaunch FAQ
You’ve probably noticed that a few things have changed around here. We’ve done our best to anticipate and answer your questions below. Of course, if you don't see your question listed here, please email [email protected]. We look forward to helping you.
Based on your feedback, we’ve completely relaunched NewBlueFX with a commitment to making things easier, faster and better. For a complete overview of what and why, please see our press release here: NewBlueFX to Relaunch Entirely on October 27
Since our founding, we’ve released nearly 50 different NewBlueFX effects and transitions products. Over time, it became harder and harder for our customers to find what they needed. To remedy this, we’ve reorganized our plugins into 6 useful categories or product families:
- Elements, which adds a rich suite of compositing techniques with over 250 presets in 21 plugins. From the rapid keying power of Chroma Key Pro to the instant geometry of Split Screen, Image Mapper or Background Generator, once complicated or impossible compositing tasks become quick and easy.
- Essentials, which delivers over 275 presets in 24 plugins in a go-to toolkit for everyday post-production needs. Includes lifesaving tools like Stabilizer, Noise Reducer, Lens Corrector and Flash Remover, or image enhancers, such as Skin Touch Up and Detail Enhancer. Essentials offers a tool for every task.
- Filters, which instantly enhances video through an array of distinctive visual looks and color correcting tools with over 250 presets in 23 plugins. Video editors will find the exact color balance with ColorFast’s streamlined correction and grading workflow, then shape the mood with a comprehensive suite of looks and stylish aesthetics, from Film Color and Old TV to Tilt Shift and Dream Glow.
- Stylizers, which delivers imaginative effects with 250 presets in 23 plugins. Video editors will discover rich painting styles with Cartoonr, Air Brush and Watercolor; use light oriented effects, such as Neon Lights to Glow Pro for stunning accents and atmosphere; and explore the boundaries with surrealistic filters like Metallic, Impressionist, and Paper Collage.
- Titling, which using best-selling Titler Pro 3 streamlines the creation of dynamic titles, lower thirds and end credits. Video editors can choose from a wide range of workflow-enhancing tools, including Quick Edit™, rich styles and animations, and 3D custom beveling. Plus, Titler Pro integrates the entire library for NewBlueFX plugins for a quick and useful way to develop stylized titles.
- Transitions, which features over 400 presets in 37 plugins that provide a broad suite of cutting edge transitions that use light, color, and motion to deliver stunning, aesthetically fresh, scene-to-scene cuts. Video editors can move the audience from clip to clip with a variety of unique, stylized transitions for every mood or circumstance.
In addition, you’ll find TotalFX, 1425 presets in 129 plugins that provide the comprehensive set of NewBlueFX titling, transitions and video effects.
Absolutely. We spent a great deal of time examining each plugin and set aside many for future improvement. Those that made the cut, underwent rigorous testing and in many cases, feature improvements, such as:
- New Attack/Release feature found on 18 plugins throughout the product line.
- New drop shadow effect on all included 3D transitions.
- New mirror and stretch fill modes on RGB Shift effect and transition.
- Smoother warping and better tint application in Traveling Rays effect.
- New mix control on AirBrush effect.
- Cleaner output, smoothing and alias suppression with Metallic transition.
- New smoothing and broader warping in Liquify transition.
- Anti-aliased outlines in Picture-in-Picture effect.
- Better contrasting result in Shiny Fog transition.
- Anti-aliasing and better line control in Sketch.
- Cleaner results in Color Wash transition.
- Industry aspect ratio black bar presets for 16:9 projects in Aspect Ratio effect.
In addition, we now offer the NewBlueFX App Manager, which helps you organize and update your plugins in one simple desktop application. Over the next few months, you’ll discover more and more features in the App Manager, too.
Instead of offering dozens of different upgrade paths and prices, we're making it simple. You'll soon receive upgrade credits from us based on the number of NewBlueFX products you currently own. Keep an eye out for an email from us with your upgrade credit.
While we will not be giving away free crossgrades from legacy NewBlueFX products to our updated product line, Royal Blue members will absolutely receive a special credit which they can use toward any of the new products. We will notify you of the details in the coming weeks.
Over the next few weeks, we will roll out more and more awesome site features which we designed to inform and support you as a video editor. Until we fully release everything, please consider this site “in beta.”
We’d love to hear your constructive feedback. Please send comments and issues regarding our new site to [email protected].
We continue to deliver many of our products directly through consumer video editing companies, such as Cyberlink, Pinnacle, Magix and Corel. These direct relationships are the best way of ensuring that consumers get the support they require. Moving forward, we will sell direct to professional application users and will sell through manufacturer relationships for the consumer market.
If you have an unexpired coupon code that doesn’t work, please send an email to [email protected]. We’re happy to help.
Yes, your existing NewBlueFX.com user account still works wonderfully. And you can still see all your legacy NewBlueFX products, as well as the new ones you acquire, in your account.