NewBlueFX Streamlines Video Color Correction and Color Grading With ColorFast
SAN DIEGO, CA, July 23, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Video technology company NewBlue, Inc. today announced the release of ColorFast With Spectra Color Isolator Technology, a plugin for non-linear editors that promises to streamline video color correction and color grading at the same time.
ColorFast is a one-stop shop where editors can quickly solve for primary color corrections across an entire image while achieving secondary corrections in specific areas. ColorFast's Spectra Color Isolator Technology gives editors precise control over color adjustments, allowing them to work in specific regions or across an entire video image. The same technology allows for things like skin tone preservation, when color corrections are made in other areas.
The tool is intuitive, versatile, and easy to set up. It works seamlessly as a Mac and PC native plugin across the industry's best non-linear editors, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, and Grass Valley EDIUS.
"When it comes to speed and efficiency, we wanted to take color correction to a new level for our customers," said NewBlue, Inc. CEO Todor Fay. "We especially wanted to reinvent secondary color correction. The set of features we put in the product does that without creating a steep learning curve for users. Customers will find it as intuitive as all of our software."
Primary Color Correction
Adjust an image to achieve a 'true' result with correct color and effective contrast.
- Exposure - Raise or lower the overall image luminance, with no curve changes.
- White balance- Use an active decolorize process to achieve precise white balance results throughout the image.
- White correction strength - Manage how much active white balance is applied to leverage original lighting casts when desired.
- Brightness - Control the higher end of the luminance curve without affecting black levels.
- Film Gamma - Simulate film by widening the contrast range without crushing whites or blacks in the process.
- Saturation - Add or reduce color intensity from B/W through full legal color limits.
Secondary Color Correction
Isolate adjustments in luminance and color to specific regions of an image.
- Skin tone preservation - With just a few clicks, you can create a mask for skin tones and preserve those colors in your final image. Then you can make more extreme adjustments in other regions (think sky, grass, background) and they won't bleed into your protected skin tone.
- Luminance isolation mask - ColorFast allows you to use custom Low, Mid, High (Lift, Gamma, Gain) range definitions so that you can precisely isolate luminance regions for specific adjustments.
- Shape mask - Our four-point, roundable shape mask is more flexible than simple ellipse and rectangle power masks, and it's just as easy to set up. Combine this with the luminance masks and you have unlimited isolation possibilities.
ColorFast is a Mac and PC native plugin that integrates seamlessly with the industry's best non-linear editors, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, and Grass Valley EDIUS.
About NewBlue, Inc.
NewBlue, Inc. is a fast-growing provider of video enhancement tools and technologies that make artistic expression easier, faster, and more intuitive than ever. Founded in 2006, its current product line includes 13 video effects collections, 6 video transition collections, the Titler Pro titling solution, and 5 audio effects products boasting over 1500 presets in over 200 distinct video and audio plugins. NewBlue is a privately held company headquartered in La Jolla, California.